cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move cable

iam_rob
Tuning in

Good afternoon,

I've seen from previous requests this can be organised for a £25 fee.

Could I confirm whether the existing cable can remain?

Essentially we're in the middle of an extension and we need to move the cable, however we don't know when we'll actually move the TV and equipment. Can we have an additional cable running to the new location whilst still using the original location and then move the equipment at a later date.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Rob.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not really, unless the additional cable is quite short.  The technician will make any cable changes as needed, but the power levels will need to be adjusted afterwards to allow for the longer cables.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not really, unless the additional cable is quite short.  The technician will make any cable changes as needed, but the power levels will need to be adjusted afterwards to allow for the longer cables.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Cheers.

It looks there's an option for multi-room. I couldn't seem to find a cost on getting a mini-box. I'm currently on a Maxit TV package.

What's the price for one of these boxes? I assume it runs off ethernet opposed to a virgin cable?

I could then get the cable moved and use the multi-room box in the existing room?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @iam_rob 

If you are on the current Ultimate Volt, or the discontinued Ultimate Oomph bundles then they come with a free second box. Adding any additional boxes to either of those bundles would be an extra £5 per month.

On all other packages/bundles it's an extra £10 a month for the first additional box, and and extra £5 a month for each additional boxes on top of that.

I believe there may be a £25 non fault call out fee to set up the additonal coax point which would be needed for live TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've tried navigating through the phone options but hitting a dead end.

Is any admin able to DM me to try and arrange this non-fault move?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.

Thanks for your post @iam_rob, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll be able to assist with the re-location of the services for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @iam_rob, and I'm pleased that there is now something in place to accommodate your request.

Do please keep us updated, and if any assistance is required, you know where we are 🙂

Kindest regards,

David_Bn