cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting TV box or wifi

clementinejmo
Joining in

we've recently got our wifi router and tv box - haven't set the tv box up yet. The cable between the wifi and the tv cable isn't that long - do they have to be kept near each other or can we get an extender cable?

Are we able to mount the tv box and the wifi behind the TV?

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self-install cables are a set length as longer cables can require signal adjustments. Longer cables are made up on site by technicians, so if the kit you have been sent needs to be further apart you need to ask for a manned install. During the first couple of weeks from your start date this should be free. If you delay it then a charge of £25 will be levied.

The boxes can be wall mounted, but as they do get hot during operation you would need to ensure there is adequate ventilation around them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If all you want is a longer Ethernet cable you can just buy one, they are readily available on eBay. Get cat 5e or cat 6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

"Are we able to mount the tv box and the wifi behind the TV?"

If you mean the Hub, no because it will prevent the WiFi signal from radiating properly. You'll get very poor WiFi coverage around the house. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.