cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More details on rollout of VM via PIA in G15 7QE

gonnella
On our wavelength

Hi,

Does have the details of when virgin will be available in G15 7QE?

To my surprise, it started to be rolled out using PIA (via BT ducting), it looks like good progress is being made and surrounding streets are starting to become available on the service checker. Just wondering what kind of timescales there is going to be.

Pete

12 REPLIES 12

gonnella
On our wavelength

anyone?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They usually wont comment on here (or anywhere) as its considered commercially sensitive information. Just keep checking the "service checker" - or they used to leaflet or pay house calls when it was imminent

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pete, 

Thanks for your post and this is certainly something we can check out for you. 

Looking at our systems, nothing is showing up for the postcode as of yet. I am happy to find out if there are any current plans in the making for you. To do that I will need your full address. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pete,

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

I have forwarded your details over to the relevant teams and will be in touch to let you know what they say once I receive a reply. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pete, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team on this one. They have confirmed that as of yet, there are no plans in place to install your area I'm afraid. 

I know this isn't the news you'd be hoping for however make sure you register your address with us here, if you haven't already. Once registered the team can get some plans on the go to come to your area 🙂

Take care and apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

gonnella
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,

the problem is they are in the area, I find it hard to believe they have gone to the effort to install a new OLT distribution cabinet to provide FTTP via Openreach ducts to just stop at 3/4 streets. Very weird...

newly enabled streets

G15 7NZ Tallant Terrace

G15 7RH Southdeen Avenue

G15 7RQ Carolside Dr

G15 7NU Goyle Ave

Currently rough availability 

gonnella_0-1644492974515.png

Pete

Openreach cabinets have nothing to do with VM's cabinets or infrastructure

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Sorry you have misunderstood, it is not an openreach cabinet it is a Virgin Media cabinet. They are using openreach ducting to get to the premises. 

Where exactly is the VM cabinet? Can you post a photo of it as I think it's more likely to be a distribution cabinet than a VHUB (which always has a power cabinet near it). One problem is that the cabinet could be at maximum capacity for the area it serves as the ones which directly feed premises can do a few as 48.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection