cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem / routers restarting, New hub sent out? Isolation and working from home

Edgeychris
Joining in

Hi there

im hoping someone can help, I have had to start isolating due to COVID symptoms and waiting for a test result however I need to still work from home, this all comes at the same time my Superhub 3 is playing up! 

I had an engineer booked but obviously they can’t come now and I can’t keep hot spotting! 

Iv ram through all the steps and even factory reset the hub, I can clearly see that it is still restarting every few mins, is there any chance Virgin can please send me a replacement Hub just so I can get back up and running and working correctly? 

thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Downstream way too low, upstream way too high and you only have 2 upstream channels when there should be 4. Really need a technician’s visit, but possibly moving you to another tap on the cabinet may resolve the problem. You also need to check if there is an attenuator on your hub, it’s a small cylinder type object usually marked with something like 6dB. If you have one of these remove it and post a new set of figures. Also have you checked 150 for local faults?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi there

thank you for the reply, I did call customer service too who were quite helpful, I’m not sure if he did make any changes but it seemed to work for around an hour or so which is a lot better than it had been, but had now stopped again, he did say that it does need a tech visit but due to the current circumstances won’t be able to do so

ill have a look on my hub for what you mention, is it easy to spot if so? And where about is it? 

would be ideal if I could just have a new hub sent out if that is the issue which the CS rep I think seemed to think was the issue as he kept mentioned the tech would have one with him and he can’t approve one being send from his end

just crap timing that it has happened now while I need to try to work from home too

thanks

If it's an attenuator - should be between the white cable going into the hub and the back of the hub (just before the socket on the hub)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Ah right, nope I don’t have one 

thanks though

Hi Edgeychris, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your connection. 

I'm afraid we're not able to send a replacement hub as the issues you are having with the power levels won't be resolved. These need to be sorted by an engineer. They can usually check the internal cables and fit an attenuator to adjust the levels to make them right but a new Hub won't do this. 

We are going to need to wait until you can have the engineer I'm afraid. 

Looking at your account I can see there is a visit booked ready for after the isolation period is over and in the meantime, give your Hub a reboot each morning and connect via an ethernet cable in the meantime. If your test comes back negative, we will be able to look at moving the appointment forward should there be availability. 

Apologies once again.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs