Menu
jamesrfisher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode and V6

Hi

I am currently using a separte wifi router and want to use my superhub 3 in modem mode so there are no conflicting wifi signals. My V6 is connected to the S3 by ehternet cable. i know if i put the S3 in modem mode i will lose the extra ports but have enough in my other router. Can the V6 be wired into another router or are there any issues that would stop this, such as software, the V6 needing a signal from the S3 to work with streaming services?

Normally I would just plug and see but if there is an issue I don't want to have to try it, it doesn't work then have to call an engineer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem Mode and V6

The V6 should work with a 3rd party router, so I would try it & see.

You won't get a Virgin engineer to look at 3rd party kit. They are only paid to work on Virgin equipment.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

jamesrfisher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

The V6 should work with a 3rd party router, so I would try it & see.

You won't get a Virgin engineer to look at 3rd party kit. They are only paid to work on Virgin equipment.

Thanks for the reply.

I probably didn't explain myself fully, I wasn't expecting the engineer to look at my other router, just that if it didn't work and I reconected the V6 to the SH3 and it still didn't work I would then need to call the engineer.

0 Kudos
paul0363
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The V6 works fine with a 3rd party router - I have three all connected to an Asus RT-AC87U with no issues!

jimbojames79
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having ongoing issues with my Netgear Orbi and Superhub v3 in modem mode. It used to work just fine but now I have no on demand services. I've have 4 engineers and countless calls with 150 and noone will tell me what's changed. They just tell me to put the modem back into router mode. I wouldn't mind but I know it used to work fine!
0 Kudos
chenks
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you should do as suggested - it will tell you if the problem is with your own kit or the virgin kit.
if the problem goes away then you know where to start looking.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If there are connection issues they can see it regardless.  There are able to ask the modem for stats and see that something is wrong.

That said, long year ago I would remove my router before the tech got here because I have had them say it's not supported.

So if it fails due to signals and a tech is booked just throw it in router mode. 

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
Tudor
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Modem mode is supported by VM. What is not supported is their accessing and changing your router. Signal issues on a circuit, noise, too low or too high levels should be corrected by a technician whatsoever mode you are running your Hub3 in. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos