Menu
Highlighted
Babbu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Modem Issues

Hi i been a customer with Virgin Media for over 5 years

I am using broadband only 100mb i was wondering if i can get a upgrade to a new modem as i have slow connection and i have to keep turning modem on/off modem is a bit loose the plastic cover. As i am paying nearly £40 a month i should be entitled to a better modem.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Modem Issues

Which Hub (not just a modem) model do you have (it is printed on its sticker/card)?  You say connection is slow - are you testing on an ethernet cabled device or over wifi ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Babbu
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Its Super Hub 2 running on Wifi 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The SH2 is a very capable modem - I use it.  However, I have it in modem mode and use my own wifi router to provide my wifi networks.  You could do that.  Or you can call it in as a fault and tell them your "wifi no longer works" - they cant test that - so you should insist on a technician visit to fix it - s/he wont even bother trying they will just swap in a new Hub3.  Which is fine for most people - if you or anyone in your house is an internet gamer then you need to think twice about a Hub3.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos