cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing splitter

Jleona201
Joining in

Hello,

I've had Virgin Media broadband for several months now but have decided I wanted to start using freeview too. The problem is that the broadband uses the only coax cable in the living room area. I've seen mention of a splitter coming in the set up box that would allow me to use both the broadband and the freeview from one coax connection. I have double checked the setup box and there was no splitter sent. 

Is the splitter required to use both, does it need to be a specific Virgin Media splitter, and, if so, can I order one from Virgin somewhere?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you are a broadband-only VM customer, you won't be able to get Freeview over your VM connection. You would need a separate connection to a TV aerial or some other means of getting a Freeview TV signal.

If you were to order TV from VM a splitter will be necessary to split the coaxial cable with one leg for the hub and the other leg for the TV box. Other ways of getting TV include:

• from an aerial or satellite dish (both requiring a coaxial cable).
  • from a streaming box (available from both VM and Sky) and needing a WiFi connection .
--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection