cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Wall Socket

Lucy_Ung
Tuning in

Hello

Having just recieved our quick start kit I appear to be missing our wall socket. I have checked our brown box outside and there does appear to be a cable that would need a 

• Tristar Data cable coupler 

But it doesnt look like its quite long enough to fit back through the hole it had come out of. The cover has come away from the box and the cable has been exposed to the elements for some time. 

I was wondering if I could possibly be able to get someone to come look into the cabling and hopefully help me with this install. I understand there would be a charge for this which I am happy to pay for.

Thank you to anyone that does reply and to any help given

Lucy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Lucy_Ung,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to install your services from our quick start pack, I can arrange for a technician visit from here to get your services installed.

but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There should be no charge for fixing the VM cable IMHO.  Just ask for a manned install as the cable at the omnibox is broken and the Quickstart kit cannot be installed.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lucy_Ung
Tuning in

Is there a number I could call? Its been a few days and having no internet is getting to my other half haha

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Lucy_Ung,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to install your services from our quick start pack, I can arrange for a technician visit from here to get your services installed.

but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Lucy_Ung.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

You have been an absolute diamond.

Thank you so much for your help

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lucy_Ung

Thank you so much for your positive feedback for @Steven_L, it's great to hear you are pleased with the help you have received 🙂

If you have any further issues or questions please do let us know!

Kind regards,

Serena

charlesrainboq
Joining in

Hi I am missing a wall socket and have received my box in the mail, I only appear to have a white cable leading from outside that does not fit the router.

Hey @charlesrainboq, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that the wall socket is missing.
I will be able to assist you here.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in to a private message.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey there, thanks for chatting with us today.

I'm glad we have been able to set up the next steps in-order to get this issue resolved.
Let us know how it goes post appointment.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs