Menu
Heather2427
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Missing Landline adapter

I recently changed my package to remove tv and increase broadband speed.I was sent a new Hub 3 as they said Hub 2 wouldn’t work.Followed QuickStart instructions to set up broadband and all was fine but was unable to connect phone to hub as no adapter was supplied.How do I get one?

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Landline adapter

Be quicker to get one from the likes of Amazon. RJ11 to RJ45 lead.

Keith d

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Landline adapter /

Did you have a phone beforehand via a “normal” phone socket? If so does it not still work?

Did you order a new phone line with the package? If so, yes an adapter should have been included, you will have to contact VM for one. 

If you did not order a phone, an adapter would not be included.

A swap of hub would not normally cause an existing phone line to be terminated, so that you would have to use the hub for the phone. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Heather2427
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I already had the landline with Virgin connected through a wall socket but the get started instructions said to connect to the hub using the adapter.I would actually prefer this option as the phone could then be placed in a more suitable part of the room.

0 Kudos
Heather2427
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing Landline adapter

Thanks for that.Probably quicker than trying to get through to Virgin.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Heather2427 wrote:

Yes, I already had the landline with Virgin connected through a wall socket but the get started instructions said to connect to the hub using the adapter.I would actually prefer this option as the phone could then be placed in a more suitable part of the room.

The instructions are primarily written for brand new customers who will get phone service via the hub. As you already get the phone service via a wall socket that will still be the case. At some point in the future VM will require all of us to move from the wall sockets to the hub for phone lines, but for now it is only being applied to new accounts.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos