cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might need an engineer visit as the wall socket doesnt fit

achyutmaity
Tuning in

The wall socket does not fit to the wall socket port of the cable. The output port from my wall doesnot support push in cable part.

IMG-20220611-WA0001.jpg

 However very next to this output box, there is another arrangment. But I am not sure though. 

IMG-20220611-WA0000.jpg

I presume I need an engineer to install the correct socket?

I also presume this will not incur any further costs?

Just before dialing up Martin's phone number, I thought it would be a great idea just to ask the community once. 

Many thanks and regards

Achyut

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

• Hi Steven,
  • Hope you are doing well. These queries are related to the the switch/port option from virgin media. I was wondering if there is any penalty if I wish to chage my service from virgin media to any other broadband service. I might need to change it, if I donot get a paper copy of my broadband bill by end of this week. I requested for a paper copy of my latest bill fortnight ago as I need to send it to driving license authority where my driving license application is put on hold since last 21 days. I am trying to get more information beforehand for the worst scenario.
  • I look forward to hearing from you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post a photo of the VM box/socket

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try tracing the wires from the outside box.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hello John,

IMG-20220611-WA0003.jpg

 coaxial cable wall socket

IMG-20220611-WA0002.jpg

 VM cable's port to wall socket. The other port is basically shown in above image as well.

IMG-20220611-WA0004.jpg

 There is another socket on the wall. I guess this would not work with the VM.

Regards

Achyut

Hi Tudor,

Thanks for your reply. This is quite impossible as I stay on the 10 th floor and thee is nothing on the other side of the same wall. I suspect all the connection are made internally.

Regards

Achyut

the only connection of any interest is the cable coming out of the wall - the VM isolator cable should push onto it - that means you dont need a wall socket - its sometimes difficult to get the push fit and screw connectors to go together but with a bit of force they do

if for any reason you cannot and as i say it should then remove the male to female convertor from the cable coming from the wall - the cable will then connect to the hub but thats not the best solution as its a bit short and you have no isolator in the line

if that works in some way and the cable is a VM cable and is connected back to the cab or box you are good to go - just phone the activation line - 0800 953 9500

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just push the cable marked "VM" onto the threaded end of the white cable. The are now supplying only push fit cable, it should fit over the thread.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for your reply Tudor. But I am pretty much skeptical about the fitting as that end was initially connected to a PPC EX59 11 male cable which is screw fit actually. Then I removed that cable and once tried to push fit. I suspect it might damage the pin of the " VM" cable's port.

PPC EX 59 11

IMG-20220611-WA0005.jpg

Thanks for your reply Tony.I suspect that forsh push might damage the pin of the cable. That port initially connected with a PPC EX 59 11 male cable (screw fit) that I removed to fit onto VM cable port.

IMG-20220611-WA0005.jpg

if you are not happy to try and push the cable on and i agree with Tudor it should fit remove the barrel connector and screw the cable coming out of the wall into the hub and see if things work - if it does you are up and running - then ring it in or wait here for VM who should book a tech to fit a wall plate - if the connection does not work with the short cable screwed into the hub you need a tech to sort it

nothing lost in trying to push it on - if it works then fine - if it damaged the pin then remove it and the barrel connector and try it as above

Tony.
Sacked VIP