cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messy wires

SeanTL
Joining in

Hello all, 

I have been with Virgin since, god knows when.!

I was tempted to go to Sky but with their reliance on OpenReach it was a disaster in the planning, so have decided to stick with Virgin.

However, we had building work and the wires etc are a mess and are an open invitation for an ASBO delinquent to pull them out.

So i need an engineer to visit and tidy up the wires and to re-install the equipment so i can use the landline, as i now work from home i need the cable to my office as well as the TV router bit.

Just need an engineer who'd figure it out and do it without a thought.

Who, how do i get this organised ?

14 REPLIES 14

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in and request a Tech visit to do the job. There will be reasonable £25 non-fault call out charge for the whole job.

A VM person should respond on here in a day or two and offer to book it for you too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SeanTL,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your wires.

Are you happy with the £25 charge? If so I can invite you into a private message and get this done. Let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello, 

I am happy with the £25 charge, just need it sorting asap as currently i have a 12 mtr ethernet running round the house and when it rains or is cold the signal fluctuates.

Not good on a teams meeting.!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you mean "ethernet" ? Or is it the VM cable from the omnibox to the input point?

VM dont run external ethernet cables so will not do anything about that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John, 

Its an ethernet, the VM cable is a mess as the request to get an engineer out

Hi Hayley, 

What do we do now ?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM wont touch the external ethernet cable - thats a DIY job.

Did you run it yourself or get someone else to, or was it there when you moved in?

As said they will fix/replace their own cables for £25 - but the ethernet is not their "property".

--------------------
John
--------------------

The ehternet was a DIY but the VM was wired to the same location and with the building work its got damaged, so the need for an engineer.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call it in and VM will send a Tech to repair the damage to their cable - but not to your ethernet one.

There will be a £25 non-fault call out charge

--------------------
John
--------------------