cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge two separate accounts to a new address

kennyclapham
Joining in

My partner and I live separately and we both have Virgin Fibre packages. We are soon going to be moving in together at a new address.

What is the best way for us to move/ merge accounts to this new address? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Kenny

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I think one of you has to cancel (and so pay EDF), the other can do a house move at a cost of £20 so long as it's the same services.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Kenny

@Roger_Gooner is correct, you would need to cancel one of the accounts, and normally pay an early termination fee if still in contract.

However, there is good news and bad news.

Virgin are increasing their prices from 1st March.

If you are still in contract with either account and your price increases then you can cancel within 30 days of receiving the price increase notification from Virgin without any early termination fees.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/PriceChange2022/Broadband 

Have you already checked if you can receive Virgin at the new property?

https://www.virginmedia.com/join/availability 

Hopefully a new connection at the new property will be straightforward, although sometimes there are delays due to planning permission etc if VM need to do any extra construction work. IS anybody living there at present, and if so they have Virgin?

It might be an idea to cancel both accounts if able to do so without early termination fees due to the price rises, and then sign up as a new customer at the new property, so you receive the new customer discount, otherwise go through Retentions (thinking of leaving) and try to negotiate a new deal.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Note that even if you are on a rolling contract you need to pay for 30 day's service from when you give notice to cancel.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hey @kennyclapham,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

The community members @Roger_Gooner and @newapollo have covered all the bases here with their posts, there is nothing else that I can add to that.

Have you been able to speak to the team to get this arranged since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thankyou all for the replies! I'm waiting on the letter or email with details of the price increase, hopefully that will arrive soon 🙂

I've talked to a CSA who confirmed the early termination fee.

Thanks,

Kenny

you could terminate both accounts and start again at the new address - that may not give you a new customer deal as you would be a returning customer - you would need to check that as the address would be different but name and payment details may not be

but you might find a new deal woud be cheaper than either of the deals you have now - a chat with retentions might add some detail

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP