Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Media wall socket

I do not have a virgin media socket in my flat and my kit is coming tomorrow does this mean they will be putting one in tomorrow thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Media wall socket

I have no media wall socket my kit coming tomorrow does this mean they will be fitting one tomorrow thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no if you ordered a quick start kit then your house has had services at some point and VM think you still have the socket.
You will need a manned install if you do not have the sockets

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The socket may not say Virgin Media on it since we have had multiple names in the past.

Not to be confused with a phone socket (irrelevant now), it could have 1 or possibly 2 screw coax connections

It may be a Rectangular (most commonly) box that could say one of: Cable and Wireless, Virgin Media, NTL or TeleWest.

Often as well they can be Square with no markings on it at all with a single screw in the centre. 

Please see below for pictures I have attached with the most common types I see.

If you find your property has non of these, sometimes it could be a bit of cable with a connector on it coming into the property. If it is one of the mentioned, you require a manned install. At some point the property could have been renovated and the socket has been removed from the property, this very commonly happens with Virgin Media for some reason but yet people always leave the BT socket (of course) and all Sky Sat TV cables.

I hope this helped.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Harvey re wall socket

Hi Harvey I do not have any of the sockets in the pictures you sent so I will have to have an engineer booked how do I do that thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Unfortunately I am a Field Service Tech and just trying to help people out on here, so I cannot book it out for you. 

Before you would call up customer service and was able to do so in advanced before your Quick Start package arrives, but currently due to reduced service you may not be able to call though.

Due to current difficult times: As far as I am away the easiest way, you would have to wait till your QuickStart package arrives, follow the activation steps, as once you activate your Hub, to then text Virgin Media on 07533051809 including you account information and mentioning you have 0 service working from a QuickStart and require a manned install.

I hope this helped you out a bit.

Thanks,

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes there is no socket, just a cable pushed through the wall. If there is such a cable see if the isolator cable from the QuickStart package can connect (it's a push fit).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos