Menu
Cscottuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Manned Install

Hi - Ive just joined Virgin and have been notified of my first bill. Everything was as expected except for a 'Manned Install' charge - £40 The package was sold with a £25 setup fee-which I accepted, even on the contract I cant see mention of £40 How else are we suppose to get the system installed without an engineer visiting. This charge should be made a lot clearer and a distinction made that the "Setup Fee" doesn't include an engineer actually setting the system up.
0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manned Install

if you joined through the web site you should of seen the option below and wouldnt be able to proceed without choosing one. Self Install (free) or by Engineer (£40)

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cscottuk,

What method did you use to sign up with us? As SonarUK advised if you signed up via website if you're provided an option for the install it will be given along the way.

The basket also provides a breakdown of your package included in any one off fees before you're given the option to proceed with the process of signing up for it.

If it was over the phone or in store the contract that includes the charges and any discounts on the package will also included any charges for set up or activation.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Cscottuk
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I joined via an armed forces discount website. I've just checked it and there is the following note on the website which links to Virgin Media.

'Installation at no extra cost subject to property eligibility (usually £40)'

I have no idea what the property eligibility means

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cscottuk,

property eligibility refers to whether there has previously been our services installed in your property and whether there are cables there so you are able to install this yourself.

Can you confirm the website you placed your order through please?

Do you know the package you signed up for and how many TV boxes this included please?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Cscottuk
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the discount website was 'Defence Discount Service'

Full House bundle - 1 TV box

If it helps Im happy to send you a screen shot of the offer - outwith the Forum ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this for me Cscottuk.

I would like to take a closer look into this for you. To be able to do this, I will need some more details from you. I'll drop you a PM asking for the details I would need, if you can reply to that, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos