cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Male coaxial cable no wall plate

redpie2
Tuning in

Hi guys just moved into a new property that supposedly already had virgin installed.

There's no wall plate/box and a single white coax cable coming into the property that looks to already have an isolater fitted?

However it ends in some sort of male connector which is incompatible with the cable in my quick start box.

I've tried taking the old isolater (?) off the cable coming into the property but it's screwed on VERY tight at every point and will not budge.

Any tips or will I need a tech? Cheers.

Pictures

Cable coming into propertyCable coming into propertyTerminus of cableTerminus of cable

8 REPLIES 8

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Disregard the single white cable you have been sent via quickstart, unscrew the 2 parts at the end of the cable coming up from under the floor and attach your splitter/hub to that

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Picture 2:

Try unscrewing the 6dB attenuator from the end of the cable. Screw this end DIRECTLY into the back of the hub, then fire it up & see what happens.

PS. If you are installing BB & TV you would need an additional coupler.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks lads, went and got myself two wilkos adjustable spanners and managed to loosen the bolt. Would never of happened by hand or with the plastic spanner...

Working now, cheers!!

Spoke too soon...

Stuck with a yellow power light and green flashing internet symbol. Any ideas?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@redpie2 wrote:

Spoke too soon...

Stuck with a yellow power light and green flashing internet symbol. Any ideas?

The bottom LED can look a yellowy white. At least this is telling you the downstream/upstream channels are correctly locked. It is possible that the hub is downloading the latest firmware. If it does not reboot to just show the white light within an hour or so then this will need further investigation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Stuck on a yellow light now even after a hard reset.

Interestingly doesn't show up on wifi but plugged directly in get an update in progress screen which won't budge...

Tech coming on Tuesday but thanks for the help.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like it might just need activating, hope they tried activating it.

There should just be a yellow/white light only on box

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, redpie2, 

Sorry you are having connection issues with the hub setup, however do let us know how it goes with the tech visit tomorrow. Don't forget that you can check and manage your appointments online here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-manage-engineer-appointment

Cheers,

Corey C