Menu
bodgeup
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Magic packet

I just upgraded our residential package to the 500meg package with 2x tivo boxes etc.  But i kept trying to ask for the self install packages.  But they didnt seem to know what i was talking about?  Ive got all the latest Hubs and 1x 360meg Hub and 1x 500meg hitron on the same coax.  So i kept asking if they could excalate my call to find out if they could send out the upgrade to my Super Hub 3 ASAP otherwise ive got to wait for an engineer slot some time next week.  Seeing as ive installed most my upgrades via this method in the past I dont see why i cant get this done now??  Now ive got to pay for an Engineer visit when im a network engineer myself???

Is there anyone who works from VM that might be able to help do this upgrade for me before next week?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Magic packet

Virgin do not offer self install on multipule set top boxes, you need a technician for that type of upgrade

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In addition, you won’t pay for the engineer install. You only have to pay when QuickStart self-install is available but declined.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you have a Hitron hub then you are on a Business package. This is the wrong forum for business, it’s residential only. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Tudor wrote:

If you have a Hitron hub then you are on a Business package. This is the wrong forum for business, it’s residential only. 

i read it to say he has a hitron on a business package and a hub3 on a residential on the same cable - has to have as he has tivos - so the business side is nothing to do with it

but as said the 500 upgrade is engineer only even if all the equipment is there

Tony
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the OP already has two TV boxes then only a hub swap is needed. However I suspect that one TV box is being added and it helps to have a technician ensure that the splitter(s), cabling and probable signal loss is properly sorted out.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection