Menu
Flex_96
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

M100 Quick Start

Must say, a little disappointed with the initial support provided by VM.

Ordered M100 Fibre Broadband on 7 Jan, Hub 3 delivered today.

Hub set up, WiFi shows up on all devices, but will not connect to the internet (despite allowing me to change WiFi password/settings password etc).

After calling for assistance, I've now spent a combined 2 hours on hold.

Please can someone contact me to assist? A terrible experience really, so much so that I'm already thinking of cancelling.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: M100 Quick Start

have you rung the activation number - 0800 953 9500

what colour is the base light on the hub

Tony
0 Kudos
Flex_96
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. I have rang that number - unable to get through since 1145 this morning.

The colour on the hub light is a steady pale yellow.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

light colour is good or looks so - most hubs come activated but not all so keep trying the number 

try rebooting the hub and if that does not help resetting it - hold the reset button a good 30 sec then let it go though its power up routine

what settings do you get from the hub if look

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

Tony
Flex_96
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I got through to someone after (literally) hours of waiting. 

The hub is still not connecting to the internet. At around 4pm, I was promised a call before 8pm tonight from the "back office team"...I'm not hopeful at 7:55.

To anyone reading this before going ahead with a virgin contract - PLEASE DON'T. 

I'm going to cancel, if I can even get through to anyone. 

By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're experiencing some minor teething issues. I have been there myself and also frustrated. My internet died 30min after engineer installed and left my house.

If you got a decent new customer deal on the M100 just be patient until it's fixed. The grass is not greener with other ISP.

Unfortunately the people in India have very limited knowledge and read from script.

There are many experts on this forum that can assist you if you follow their instruction. Have you done what Tony suggested earlier??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Flex_96
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I did indeed. On 9th Jan, I was told my issue had been passed to the "back office team", who would call me within opening hours on the same day.

A week later, and I still have no internet connection. No one ever called me back.

i have just received my first billing information via email though; priorities, eh.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Or more likely, automation. Best ring them back before they assume all is well. 

0 Kudos
Flex_96
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, simply ringing them back is fine and well if you have 1hr 30 to spare.

0 Kudos