cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost landline number when moving from sky to virgin media

Selvendran
Joining in

I was a sky customer and on 15.10.2021 was signed up with virgin media by Sanjaykumar a virgin sales representative.He actually visited our premises in 05.10.2021 and from that day onwards evrytie I had a conversation I've been telling him that I want to keep my sane landline number. And her never refused. He said yes I'm noting your number.

I received the equipment on 18.10.2021.

A virgin engineer was booked for 21.10.2021to install my telephone line. 

When Joel the engineer arrived I asked to confirm my landlinenumber and he gave me a different number. Then he called and asked for my old number to be ported.

They said the will do it but yesterday on 22.10.2021 got a text message to say unfortunately it cannot be ported due to line not active.

I had called sky on 05.10.2021 regards to my move with virgin media I was told by sky to call back once I have an installation date.

So when you're ginger was booked for 21.10.2021 

I contacted sky via their messaging portal to let them know about the installation date but to keep my line active atleast until 26.10.2021 but they had actually on 20.10.2021 requested he cancellation for 21.10.2021.

I only came to know about it when I called them to ask to keep my line active until its taken over by virgin media.

I need my old number pack which I have had it since Sept/Oct 1990 and always maaed to keep the same number whilest I have switched providers many times previously.

Please try and help me recover my number as I have it setup in many places.

Looking forward with a positive reply from you.

Thanks 

Jessica S

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Selvendran, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

Being honest, as the line is already disconnected, it's highly unlikely we will be able to port it to us without the line being active however as the number belonged to BT first, there may be a chance we can sneak the number over to us before BT port it back out to themselves. This isn't guaranteed though so try not to get your hopes up.

In order to check, I will need some information from you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs