cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost landline number when moving from sky to virgin media

Selvendran
Joining in

I was a sky customer and on 15.10.2021 was signed up with virgin media by Sanjaykumar a virgin sales representative.He actually visited our premises in 05.10.2021 and from that day onwards evrytie I had a conversation I've been telling him that I want to keep my sane landline number. And her never refused. He said yes I'm noting your number.

I received the equipment on 18.10.2021.

A virgin engineer was booked for 21.10.2021to install my telephone line. 

When Joel the engineer arrived I asked to confirm my landlinenumber and he gave me a different number. Then he called and asked for my old number to be ported.

They said the will do it but yesterday on 22.10.2021 got a text message to say unfortunately it cannot be ported due to line not active.

I had called sky on 05.10.2021 regards to my move with virgin media I was told by sky to call back once I have an installation date.

So when you're ginger was booked for 21.10.2021 

I contacted sky via their messaging portal to let them know about the installation date but to keep my line active atleast until 26.10.2021 but they had actually on 20.10.2021 requested he cancellation for 21.10.2021.

I only came to know about it when I called them to ask to keep my line active until its taken over by virgin media.

I need my old number pack which I have had it since Sept/Oct 1990 and always maaed to keep the same number whilest I have switched providers many times previously.

Please try and help me recover my number as I have it setup in many places.

Looking forward with a positive reply from you.

Thanks 

Jessica S

10 REPLIES 10

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you want a number ported never cancel the line, porting the number does that, a number cannot be ported if it is not active or has a cancellation request. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did not cancel  sky has even though I told them to keep my line activecuntil 26.10.2021.

So my number is there somewhere 

I have alrdy paid until 27.10.2021

Told them I'll get back to them on  or after 21.10.2021. In case I  may need to extend it. So on 21.10.2021 when I contacted them they told e its been canceled.

Please I need old number as I've set it up in many places specially banks and hospital also relatives and friends. My number ivehad it since Sept /Oct 1990. 31 yrs

In June 2020 I can see Paul in this Vm community had recovered the number for a new VM customer who had the same issue.

Can anyone help me oreven look into this matter and help me recover my landline number that was with sky until 21.10.2021.

My number is very important to me.

Please help.

In June 2020 Paul had help recover a new customer to vm from sky who had same issue.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I hope that Virgin can help you, but I think you should also speak firmly to Sky since it seems from what you say that they released the number before they should have done.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Selvendran

Thanks for posting. Apologies to hear about the number.

Please contact the former provider, ask them to activate the line and we can then port it.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you John_GS for coming back on this issue.

I have contacted sky. They are saying they cannot activate it. I have raised a complain with sky and they gave me details to CISAS.

I'm in the process of taking it up further.

If I get the number back at some point will you be able to port it any time during the 18months contract.

Jessica

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am so sorry to hear this Selvendran, 

Have they advised if the number was originally from BT and if they can get it back from them?
Zoie

Hi Zoie

Yes my landline was originally from BT registered in Sept/Oct 1990. 

If some one can help me recover ti's number I'll be so much stressless.

Looking forward to hearing fro you with solution.

If anyone have to call me then my number is

removed

removed landline number given by Virgin Media)

Jessica

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

By the way sky are saying they cannot get it back to us.