Menu
Pompeymike83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Loss of internet since 28/05/19

Hi, since approximately 09.00 on Tuesday 28th May, I've had no Internet service, I'm in the IP3 postcode area.

Please can this be looked into and can I ask what is the problem and when will it be resolved, also what compensation will be made. Obviously I'm not happy about this. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of internet since 28/05/19

What did Virgin say when you phoned them to advise of the fault? Obviously they can't fix an issue if they are not aware of it.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to cal in and report ypur loss of service to start the compensation clock ticking. They will also tell you what the problem is and a fix estimate.
There is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level, that might not yet be listed on the Service Status web page.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Pompeymike83
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've already done some of that, yesterday I received 3 separate automated text messages from Virgin saying the issue was fixed, well it isn't.. The automated system says there's a problem in my area, yeah I know that, but what I dont know is what is the problem and when will it be sorted. 

LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As others have said you need to use a phone to instigate a claim, also at the top right corner of this page click on Check Service Status.
0 Kudos
Pompeymike83
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. Still no service though 😞

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pompeymike83,

How is your internet service since you last posted? Using the information on the forum, I can see that the fault ticket has been closed.

Let us know if you're still experiencing internet issues so we can can investigate further.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Pompeymike83
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for responding to me.

I had an engineer visit this morning and he was able to fix it. However...

My loss of service started on Tuesday 28th and was only restored today. Please can you check my account details to see whether the loss of service has been properly recorded so that I receive compensation, If you need any account details please send me a personal message on here.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pompeymike83,

I'll send you a PM to discuss your account.

Regarsd,

Lisa

0 Kudos