Menu
JenP1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Losing internet connection

I recently upgraded to a Hub 3.0 and since installation, the internet connection to the wired pc keeps failing, every other minute or so.  We’ve checked all cables and hardware with no issues.  If the pc is connected back to the old TiVo box then connection is not lost at all.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing internet connection

What do you mean by the Tivo box comment? PC doesnt need connecting to the Tivo or V6 box.
You dont mean by any chance connecting back to your old Hub do you? If so then its because the new Hub3 has not been "activated" as the old Hub would become inactive at the same time.  You need to telephone in to activate all new equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
JenP1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The old box is de activated and doesn’t connect to the internet but shows a constant connection to the pc if connected back to it so clearly the issue is with the new Hub rather than a wire.  I was hoping to avoid lengthy phone calls to get it sorted but doubt that’s possible 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you post some stats. With your PC connected to the hub 3.0, go to 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode), do not log in, click on the link "Check Router Status".
Copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs. Mask any public IP address.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
JenP1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I replaced the mac address with ###### as I was unsure

Downstream 1.pngDownstream 2.pngdownstream 3.pngupstream.pngnetwork 1.pngnetwork 2.png

0 Kudos
JenP1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it wont let me paste the text due to too many characters.

Screen grabs for what ever reason don't appear to display

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JenP1,

Thanks for your post, very sorry to hear you are having issues with your internet connection. 

Have you tried connecting other devices via ethernet cable? If you have, do you have the same issue?

Have you tried using an alternative ethernet port on the back of the hub?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos