cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connectivity via HDMI

Lloydy27
Tuning in

I have TiVo box and Hub 3.0.  TiVo is connected to my Philips Ambilight TV via HDMI cable in HDMI port 1.  Quite frequently I get a TV message saying can not detect device on HDMI1.  I can resolve this by either restarting my TiVo or by reinstalling my TV.  Occasionally I can sort by changing the HDMI setting on my TV but that's not always the case.  

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What sleep settings do you have on the TiVo? Is it an old TiVo or a V6?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

lotharmat
Community elder

You should probably post this on the TiVo forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What sleep settings do you have on the TiVo? Is it an old TiVo or a V6?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

It is a V6.  This only happens when turning on TiVo and TV for the first time in the day.  I have never had the problem once I've managed to connect.  What I have noticed is, the order of turning on and off.  If I turn off TV first then TiVo , then turn back on TiVo first then TV , I get the HDMI message.  Very rarely get it if I turn on or off TiVo first.  

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lloyd27, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that your Philips Ambilight TV is having connection or compatibility issues with the V6 box. 

It sounds like there may be a fault with the HDMI cable. Can you please try replacing the cable to see if this helps. It's also worth popping it in another HDMI slot on the TV too. This may well improve things. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.  

I have ordered a new cable of a different brand, should be with me tomorrow.  I will let you know how I get on.  

I have tried swapping between HDMI ports , but problem is the same. 

I've noticed a new problem today.  Apps such as Netflix, BBC I Player, ITV Hub etc weren't loading.  I clicked the App, the screen on my TV attempted to open but returned back to the Apps home page.  I restarted my TiVo , which solved the problem. I am now thinking my TiVo or connectivity to the TiVo has a problem.  

I will try the new HDMI first , see if that solves anything, and if not I will probably have to get Virgin technical team involved.  

Cheers

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Llody27,

Thanks for your post 🙂

Please keep posted and if the HDMI does not resolve this we can book an engineer in for you

Zoie

Well so far so good!  Since replacing my brand new UHD 4k HDMI cable with another brand new UHD 4K HDMI cable (different brand), I've not had any issues.  I will see how it goes over next couple of weeks before confirming my issue has been sorted. 

Thanks for those that offered help.  

Cheers

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lloydy27

Thanks very much for getting back to us on this, I'm so glad to hear that you have not experienced any further connection issues since replacing your HDMI cable. That's great to hear.

Please do get back in touch if you need any further help,

Best wishes,

Serena

Hmmmm spoke too soon!  Same thing happened with the new lead this am.  When I eventually got it to connect the display was square with tiny text.  Cant be the lead then? 

May need someone to take a look please.