cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest without connection

Mikeylove
Joining in

I lost my connection on Tuesday and it’s still down now so I will be entering the 6th day of no connection at all, support and complaints just quote the info on the service page.

Just wonder if anyone else has experienced a complete drop this bad ? It’s seriously making me question keeping the service.

9587DF2E-A2F6-4A57-A8F7-7110310576EA.png

1D6CB6F4-D97F-4472-9BA4-1EA9674819D6.png

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@-tony- I think this is one for you?  

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

firstly make sure you have registered for compensation at £8.06 a day - thats payable for every full day you are off line - well almost - they are allowed 48 hours to repair the fault so the total days off line reduce by 2 - they then only pay full 24 hour days so thats will usually cost you 2 more days - beginning and end days cannot possibly full 24 hours - so whatever the total days off line reduce it by 4

they dont then suspend your bill/payments - so hopefully whatever compensation is paid will cover that - they normally add it as a credit to your account afaik but if it mounts up you can demand it as a cheque payment

thats the easy bit out of the way - now to the fault thats more difficult - do you have any other info - whatever info you have is likely to be garbled at best and non informative - repairs always are guaranteed to be done tomorrow by offshors CS who [quite frankly] are clueless but in fairness to them most of the rest of VM are equally clueless - if the work has gone out to external contractors - cable pull for example then you are in the lap of the gods as no communication happens between VM and said contractors

save your time and energy and hair line and just accept it as it is - however much you push it will happen at their pace - thats as and when agian if its external contractors expect white vans to arrive - fill you in with what they are going to do to sort it and watch them disappear faster than an F1 car never to be seen again until a similar crew turns up to repeat

all posted with experience from 65 days off line last year - if it does get as bad as that but a monthly unlimited sim and run off a hotspot - Smarty do something for less that £20 a month - there are plenty more - they work - not fast but surprisingly reliable

hope it come to non of that but be prepared for it and just let it happen - nothing you say or do will help to speed things up

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for that Tony, sounds like I’m not the only one to have these issues.

I’ve got a complaint open as their maths doesn’t include time, inconvenience or petrol from having to commute.

information wise I’ve gotten a different story every time from cable damage, to an engineer is out looking at the issue,  to an engineer is coming out today after being told one of we out the day before … not fantastic.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

your last sentence sums it up well - my case went to the exec team - my contact was great - kept me informed of what he was told which to a great part was sod all so he was able to do very little other than sort out the final compensation quickly

the story will change depending on who you talk to within VM as mostly they make it up as they go on especially offshore - Pinocchio has nothing on the lies that come from them - they just dont know how to tell the truth - i guess they know nothing but want to say something - as i said its always tomorrow

i gave up and just let it happen in the end - it was easier - if i were you i would do the same - sort a sim out and forget it - life is far too short to be dealing with the stupidity that VM can create

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@Mikeylove wrote:

I’ve got a complaint open as their maths doesn’t include time, inconvenience or petrol from having to commute.

Sorry, this is just nonsense. You are on a residential contract and if your business or livelihood depends on reliability of broadband you need to take action such as getting a backup connection or relying on the SLA which comes with a Virgin Media Business contract. All you are entitled to is £8.06 per day for a total loss of service after two full working days from registering the loss of service to VM.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mikeylove,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues due to a local area outage.

I have taken a look at our systems and I cannot see any local outages that would be impacting your services at the moment. How are your services doing now?

Have you been able to sign up for our Automatic Compensation Scheme as our community advised? Any compensation that you're due will be reflected on your next bill.

As @Roger_Gooner stated, as you're on a residential contract, we cannot promise a fault free service. If any issues do come up, we'll do our best to have this issue resolved for you. We cannot compensate for loss of earnings, as this is not covered in our Automatic Compensation Scheme.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs