cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer power cables for Hub 4

james1310
Tuning in

Can you get longer power cables for the Hub 4 Modem? And also can you get longer network connection cable

23 REPLIES 23

Hi Kain my grandsons Xbox is cable connected directly to my Hub. He downloaded a game yesterday and it took ages to complete. He said he thought it was no different from my old hub. So it seems that it happens when we are connected by cable as well. I have monitored my speed on an app and the highest speed was 658 download 47.6 upload lowest was 119 download 44.6 upload. Although the reading are predominantly between 119 and 349 download and 33 and 44 upload, still well below the speeds I should be expecting and by the way these reading are taken directly next to the Hub. I think I need an engineer to visit and assess the wiring in my house to the Hub as it is very old so might need changing for a new one. Also Hub might need relocating but at the moment it has so short a coaxial cable this cannot be done 

Hi @james1310

Thank you or your response. 

The speed test results you have mentioned, were these done on a hard wired device or WiFi please?

Would you be able to do a Sam Knows hard wired speed test for us please?

Could you also please check all the cables and connections are secure before doing so as loose or partially connected cables can cause signal issues to the equipment which can result in a loss of performance.

Please let us know how you get on and pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki I have run a test on my computer which is a wired connection  and the average after 6 tests is

LATENCY 16.1ms

JITTER 2.4ms

Download  117.16Mbps

Upload  53.6Mbps

Hi @james1310

Thanks for the reply!

How has your connection been since posting? Have you seen any improvement at all?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I'm not getting the speeds I should the highest got is 306 download and 41 upload. I'll get in touch with VM.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @james1310,

Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear you are still experiencing sluggish speeds. I have checked our systems and noticed one of your Pods is currently offline. Can you try rebooting your Hub and let me know how your speeds and your Pods are working after this?

Kind regards,

Serena

Do I just switch the pods and switch them back on again?

I have rebooted my Hub. The 2 pods have a light which flashes just after I've reboored but this stops when the system is fully up. How do I know if the 2 buds are working because there doesn't seem to be any lights indicating weather are on? 

Hi, I've been monitoring my speed over the last 48hrs and there is no real change to my speeds I'm still well below the averages I should be getting. I think I need a visit from an engineer to have a look at my installation.

Hi @james1310,

I'm so sorry to hear that hasn't helped. If you haven't done so already and if your Wi-Fi Pod issues are ongoing, please give these troubleshooting tips a whirl.

Can you also confirm what your current speeds are via a wired connection?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!