cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer isolator cable

Serebro33
Tuning in

Hi there,

I received my new hub and tv box yesterday (Saturday) as a new customer. After unboxing it was quite clear the isolator cable isn’t long enough to position the tv box and hub where i need it for my tv and best wifi coverage.  Can you supply longer cables please VM? 

thx 

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

afaik they do a 3 metre one but getting anyone to send one out might be a challenge - just book a tech and say its not working as you want or is not working - when you ring turn off the hub or unscrew the coax - offshore have been know to ignore the fact they cannot see the hub and say all is ok which you know is wrong so just ask for a tech

they will make you a cable to position the hub where you want it

pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 - try that number

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @Serebro33 

Welcome to our community, thank you for your first post. I am sorry the cable included wasn't compatible with where you would like the equipment to go in your home. 

We would love to be able to help you out here, as you have already been installed this would require a follow up visit for whats called a relocation of equipment. This would be a £25.00 charge. 

What I'll do is pop you a private message, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop a reply if you would like to go ahead with the visit. 

Thanks @-tony- for popping in on the thread, unfortunately we are no longer able to send longer coaxial cables to customers. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Vikki_M wrote:

Hello @Serebro33 

Welcome to our community, thank you for your first post. I am sorry the cable included wasn't compatible with where you would like the equipment to go in your home. 

We would love to be able to help you out here, as you have already been installed this would require a follow up visit for whats called a relocation of equipment. This would be a £25.00 charge. 

What I'll do is pop you a private message, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop a reply if you would like to go ahead with the visit. 

Thanks @-tony- for popping in on the thread, unfortunately we are no longer able to send longer coaxial cables to customers. 

VM need to confirm but as a new customer doing a self install there should be no charge for the tech visit as its within the cooling off period and the install does not work for you - with respect to @Vikki_M if she insists on the charge refuse it and contact retentions and give 30 days notice within your cooling off period - i am sure they will sort a tech out FOC rather than you leaving

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP