cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long pre-pull delays

charlieegan3
Tuning in

I signed up with virgin media on the 30th of June, my initial installation date was set for the 26th of July.

In the run up to the 26th of July, the pre-pull appointment was continually pushed forward nearer and nearer the installation date. A few days before my installation, I got an email “Your Delayed Activation” explaining that works needed to be done to activate my account.

I was given a new installation date as the 14th of August. The pre-pull was set for the 2nd, however it’s moved to the current day, every single day. I’m not confident that it’s actually going to be completed this time.

So far VM have forgotten to file planning permission and failed to get a parking permit. How can I check that it’s all good to go ahead this time? I really need the connection as I work from home.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Their communications on these install issues are a well documented "omnishambles" - too many parties involved who dont seem to communicate with each other.

Bottom line is - it will happen when it happens. Make sure you have an alternative ISP plan that you can activate. Once VM is installed it can be cancelled without charges within 14 days of the activation date - and then either continue with the other supplier - or vice versa.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your reply John. That certainly appears to be the experience my and my neighbour are going though.

I don’t suppose you know if VM ever offer any kind of good will gesture for delays caused by these different parties not communicating effectively? It’s already caused a long delay and I expect it’ll be longer…

Hey @charlieegan3,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues here.

I'm sorry to hear of the delays that you're having getting your new services installed, I can take a further look into this for you and investigate, what is happening at the moment with your install.

If you would like me to look into this for you, please respond to my private message and I can give you an update.

Also do offer compensation for delayed installs and that would be via our automatic compensation scheme, you can find more information here.  

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, thanks for this kind offer. I’ve sent you a DM now with my details.