cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localised Connection Issues

WestyofPoole
Tuning in

Hi all,

Over the past few weeks I have had broadband connection issues that causes complete disconnection for about 1 to 5 minutes at a time - pretty frustration for all the family when streaming or gaming.

Online, VM are reporting there are issues in the area, but until I logged on to do some online enquiries, was the first I'd heard of the issues.

I have spoke to my neighbour who has said they do not have any current issues and her boys are gaming a good 10 hours each a day without reporting any problems.

I have logged onto my Hub5 and run the diagnostics which reports problems with the Ethernet and WiFi - could it actually be a Hub issue?

I have tried contacting VM but phone and chat, both methods are pretty useless. OK might be current time of year, but they're a service company and should be able to receive/log calls/issues regardless.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Martin

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this free phone number. Hubs are the least likely cause of problems, although you cold try power cycling it.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the quick response.

I have switched off the hub overnight hoping for some sort of resolution, but this didn't work.

I have used the 150 phone number, the website and the online chat, all have been really poor.

It has been suggested that I disconnect the incoming cable as something could be reassigned a new code (if set to dynamic), which I haven't changed anything in the hub except the ssid name/password.

This is the result of the inbuilt diagnostics:

WestyofPoole_0-1672411389994.png

Having checked the suggested resolutions I'm a little stumped and frustrated.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Westyof Poole and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issue in the local area.

I've been able to look into this and can see that the estimated fix time and date appears to be on 04/01/23 at 10:40am

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we will do all we can to have resolved as soon as possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn