cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone not working after incoming call did not replace receiver

willtup2
Tuning in

Hi there has anyone any experience with receiving a call on a landline phone then the caller not replacing the handset /disconnecting and therefore the line remains active ? I now cannot ring out or receive calls - spoke to VM several times who dont have a clue what to do to fix this. When i pick up the phone I get an empty vacant sound but no dial tone. Have agreed to VM sending an engineer but think this would surely be a problem better addressed their end as it seems to me that it should just be a case of resetting the line at the exchange ?? VM's solutions suggested so far have been to disconnect me completely !! or to give me a new telephone number ?? I am just exasperated at this point !

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @willtup2 

Is the landline through a normal wall socket? Or through the VM router?

Please try the following.

If it's via the wall socket just remove the handset for a minute or two and plug back in. That should break the circuit.

If it's via the VM router either reboot the router or switch it off fgr a few minutes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @willtup2,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your landline service! 

I can see that you have been in touch with my colleague about this issue yesterday, can you confirm that this issue is now resolved? 

If you're still experiencing some problems, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help and investigate this issue for you.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi lovely xx yes all sorted now thank you xx