cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of connection for TV

etrich1
Joining in

I am expecting delivery of a TV box in late August. I already have Mobile and Broadband all working no problem. However when the TV box arrives I have no Cable or socket with which to connect the TV.
There is only one Virgin cable entering the House and that is Broadband. What can be done to arrange Cable/Socket installation please

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The quick start package should include the necessary splitter and cables to use the existing broadband connector.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

One cable coming in to the House is sufficient for TV and Broadband, is that it?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, that is correct.  The TV box will need to be connected to the cable coming into the house using the splitter and to the broadband hub either by ethernet cable or WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s true that the incoming cable can be split and the TV installed in the same location. If you want the TV in a different location, it’s always best to have the VM hub in a central location for WiFi coverage, you need a maned install. The technician will then probably split in cable at the outside omnibox and install a new interior box where you want it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

All done. My ignorance nearly won the day!  But yikes thats a lot of cable to hide!
What I didnt expect was a replacement Modem, I already had a working Hub 3.0.
Thanks for the input.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @etrich1

Thanks for your post!

I'm glad to see the community was able to advise you on this, 🙂 

If you have any further issues, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide