Menu
Lardassbob
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

LS22 persistent broadband outage

For months now I have had daily outage of broadband at random times throughout the day. Having called the help desk (who initially changed the router settings and then sent an engineer) I got a new router, however, this has made no difference.

I work from home and broadband issues not only affect my ability to do so but also impacts on TV and phone. Does anyone know what the actual issue is as neither the engineer or call centre have advised of any local problem.

For a communication business this is pretty poor
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: LS22 persistent broadband outage

Hi Lardassbob, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see there has been trouble on the connection. 

I have taken a look and there is a couple of things going on. 

Firstly it seems you are affected by fault ref F004860813 for slow speeds at peak times. So you may see times when the broadband or TV service is slower than usual during peak hours. The current review date for this is 06 DEC 2017 . 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

Secondly there was an issue in the exchange, ref F005476503, this has now been resolved but it was dragging the modem SNR down and causing noise on the line which would have affected all services. This has now been resolved. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lardassbob
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma

The issue isn't slow speeds but rather no service! It has been persistent since the 70mbs upgrade. If the network can't cope with demand then surely I should be due a rebate on my monthly subscription.

Surprisingly, I watch TV at peak times!

Question. Why didn't the Customer Service team advise me of these issues when I called? All I got was "there is nothing wrong at our end". Similarly, the engineer (who was an exceptionally pleasant bloke) who tested my new kit off peak didn't also advise of the known faults? For a communications business it seems like you are the first person to acknowledge there is a network issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lardassbob, 

Thanks for getting back to me, I am unsure as to why this was not advised when you spoke to us over the phones. I do apologise for this. 

I will pop you a PM so we can take a look at the billing side of things. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
aking123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Bob are you in LS22 as in Leeds postcode or somewhere else? I am in LS16 and have been experiencing daily outages in the late mornings and late afternoons for about a month. Not happening every day but recently the internet has been down from anywhere between 10 mins to 90 mins. Like you, the "technical support team" tell me nothing is wrong with their network, but they have changed my wireless channel for me and that will fix everything, despite my pointing out that my connection is over ethernet.....

I am interested to know about this fault code F005476503 mentioned. Why have none of the "engineers" mentioned this instead of just throwing new Hub 3s at me and why hasn't anyone in the "technical support" department mentioned it? It's an absolute joke of a company but when your only alternative is BTs 70 year old wet string, sorry, copper, what else can you do.
0 Kudos
Lardassbob
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

LS22 is Wetherby. I have had issues since they increased the speed to 70mbs several months ago. Every time I have called it seems to work for a short period and then reverts to the same pattern of slow speed and outage.

The outage is the biggest issue for me as I run a business from home. I am currently arranging for BT's copper wire to be a back up so I am not left short again (I nearly lost a large sale as I couldn't take payments!!).

0 Kudos
Lardassbob
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So service at all all morning. Is it the same in LS16??
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lardassbob, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I cannot see any other area issues. 

I have popped you a quick PM to discuss this further, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi aking123, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you also had trouble with your connection. 

It looks like there was an issue with SNR and FECS in your area (noise on the line). This has now been resolved. 

How are things looking for you now?

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will be happy to take a look. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lardassbob, 

Thank you for keeping in touch, I have popped you a PM confirming your engineer appointment, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Many thanks

Emma

0 Kudos