Menu
Lukecuth
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

LS17 broadband down for 2 days and slow before

I recently joined virgin and couldn’t be more unhappy. Since joining for 350mb speeds have been intermittent, as slow as 9mb at some point!!!

now the service has been down for 2 days.

your IVR is horrendous, pushes me through unnecessary questions and hangs up when performing the tests (I dialled using my mobile)

please consider this the start of a formal complaint as I’m unable to speak to anyone on the phone. I wish to leave VM!!

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: LS17 broadband down for 2 days and slow before

Call 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" – in business hours you usually get a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are about to leave unless these problems are resolved.  They will give you the best info.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukecuth

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F006585730 for a loose connection on the connection. This has now been resolved and the connection is looking good from this side.

I will also pop you a PM to discuss this further, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lukecuth
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The connection is STILL a lot slower than what I pay for. My most recent speed test on WiFi was 18.9mbps on my iPhone X!!!!!

Please get this sorted it’s frankly ridiculous 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lukecuth,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos