Menu
adamsills
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Keep losing Hub 3 to Sonos connection

Hi. I keep losing connection from Sonos network to Hub 3 having recently joined VM. No problems with Sky to Sonos previously on a much slower speed. When I turn all five speakers off, connect one to an Ethernet cable and turn them on again it works fine for a time but will then disappear again. Quite annoying! Any tips to maintain the connection would be gratefully received. Thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep losing Hub 3 to Sonos connection

The hub is good at browsing the internet not good with other stuff so get your own router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its probably because the Hub's wifi is poor and a good signal is not reaching the Sonos locations.

Ther are some tweaks you can do on the Hub3 - try disabling channel optimisation and separating the SSID's of the two wireless bands - that sometimes helps.

Or as Legacy1 is suggesting your own better quality wireless equipement should sort it.

Assuming your wired connections are all ok, then getting your own wireless equipment will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either.....
(1) A Mesh System,
(2) A Wireless router,
(3) A Wireless access point
(4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
adamsills
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks appreciated

0 Kudos