Menu
Juddu
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just purchased m100 broadband and need some urgent advice.

Hello I just purchased M100 broadband and have 2 questions, both very important.

I just received a text from a 07 number that my delivery will be at a collect plus store for me to pickup later in the week, when buying the product through live chat, the person said that I dont need an engineer or any installation as I already have virgin media wall socket, and it was previously used before I moved in.

After registering for my virgin media, at the top it says "One of our technicians is booked to install your services on 2019-09-19 between 8am and 6pm"Why does it say this, I don't need anyone to come over as I was told by the person on live chat I can do a quick set up, as I already have the infrastructure ready to use, and that I don't need anyone to come help set up, besides the Hub is being deliver to a collect plus store anyway.

The second question is, because the virgin broadband comes with weekend calls, I am not sure if this will conflict with other peoples living in the property BT phone line, I know virgin use completley different cables and is seperate from BT so both can be used together without interference, but I am not sure if the number I will be given will be unique, as I don't want it to clash with the existing phone number if thats the case.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just purchased m100 broadband and need some urgent advice.

it's possible they have since found an issue that will require and engineer visit.
the socket may be there, but there may be an issue with the cable to the property.

the number you will be given is unique to that virgin line, unless you chose to migrate the BT line to virgin.
0 Kudos
Juddu
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I don't think I did, and how do I check to know if i migrated the BT line by mistake? Can't seem to find anything about it.

And How can there be an issue if it worked perfectly fine before, I was told and the reason I purchased the broadband was soley due to the person on live chat said I don't need any installation regarding the broadband.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

how do you know it worked perfectly before? did you have virgin installed previously at this property?
the socket being there alone is no guarantee everything is working fine. as i said, it's possible they have since done external checks and found an issue.
0 Kudos
Juddu
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Someone who lived here before me used the service 2 months ago.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

ok, but that was 2 months ago.
it's possible your connection at the cabinet has since been used for someone else,, or another fault is present that would stop you being able to do a self-install. you wouldn't know until you connected the hub and nothing happened.

if you want clarification you'll need to call CS and ask them.
0 Kudos
Juddu
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I tried 4 times today, and been cut off each time, I tried live chat, and have been given no reply on the situation, I even resorted to twitter but nothing of a reply yet on each. So that is why I came here in hope someone can help me.

I have not received a text message, email, or anything regarding a engineer, just about collecting the hub and use quick install.

Do you think, that maybe, it is like you said and that an engineer needs to go the local cabinet to "switch it on"?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

unless someone has been out to check CS have no idea if your contention is good - they assume it is because their database says there has been VM at the property before and its certainly not normal to do any checks when you order self install - i would simply ignore the message - i believe its system generated on new orders 

collect the hub3 from wherever - connect it and ring the activation line - it will work or not - if not then you need to book a tech or if my understanding is wrong wait for the one thats booked 

Tony
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

impossible to say for sure.
0 Kudos
Juddu
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the message, I am really appalled on how hard it is to get help from customer service, tried 3 different ways, Im either ignored or the phone gets cut off for no reason.

I see no reason why I need an engineer, I had no direct email, text message, or anything in regards to an engineer visit, signing up to the myvirgin media account is completley option. I will assume it is automated because if it is not, the person on live chat missold me a product.

0 Kudos