cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ordered and reading horror stories

Danny84
On our wavelength

I have just ordered the 200mb speed with phone line (same number) on Tuesday 7th May. I am currently a BT customer, have been for many years and I have to say I have had no issues with them whatsoever.

I received an email today stating "We're sorry to say we need to reschedule the installation slot you picked on our website to <30/06/2022> between <8 am to 1 pm>. My original date was only the day before 29/06/2022 so I am not to concerned about it moving by 1 day.

The reason I post here is because I just read so many horror stories of installation dates getting pushed back months, getting passed from pillar to post and having to wait months without any help. At least I will have this reference here if something goes wrong down the line.

I have wanted to get Virgin for a few years now but in my area they did not have the cable put under the ground. They recently done some work around the streets here obviously they must have put the right cables down for everyone to get Virgin now. When they notified me through post that it is now available I joined up.

The problem is I didn't read these forums before I actually jumped at the chance to order Virgin, if I had I don't think I would have bothered. After receiving email today of cancelation by 1 day I decided to have read and it got me on edge reading these stories. I'm going to say right now, if my date is cancelled by 1 week or more I am not staying on this merry-go-round like many others have. I will certainly cancel straight away and stick with BT then upgrade with them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed things go to plan and this installation date is right. I feel for many people on here reading their stories and it is just not right they are treated in this way. Didn't have this carry on with BT. I am giving Virgin a chance here to stick to the dates given, I hope they follow through after giving them my custom.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Danny84

Great to hear all sorted 🙂

Pop back if you ever need further assistance

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill