Menu
JAK92
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Joining Virgin

Hi,

I don't suppose anyone knows if I wanted to join Virgin but still have a few months left on my current Broadband and TV package would Virgin buy out the contract to join them? I saw BT offer something around those lines but am looking to joining Virgin now they've finally been installed on my road! 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Joining Virgin

Hi 

We wouldn't buy out the contract for your current ISP

However we can try to ensure a smooth swap over for you.

I will pop you a private message to check your address for you.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

no we don’t I’m afraid , sorry

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
JAK92
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ahh, that's a shame guess I'll have to wait till contract is up then! 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Officially Virgin don't but it depends on your luck so worth a try same way I achieved it. Virgin paid my 3 months Talktalk contract via credit on account.

Virgin was doing a promotion of £75 credit on account and I was happy to use that towards the 3 months Talktalk contract.

I went on Martin Lewis webiste and completed most of my details but did not complete the order. Few days later received a call from Virgin asking if I need help completing the order. I mentioned I still have 3 months Talktalk left and still deciding. 

Well to my surprise nice lady said she would credit my account for whatever Talktalk would charge but only if I forward email confirming the charge.

Talktalk charge was £51 and the credit was paid as promised. It's hard to believe but here was my 1st bill with £75 credit plus another £51.. and free £30 engineer install 🙂

Don't ask you don't get 🙂   

Goodwill.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
JAK92
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wow that is good, I mean I wasn't expecting any company to do anything it was more a stab in the dark post in hope maybe so to see you got offered this is excellent news my only issue is I have 7-8 months left I dunno if Virgin would do that not that Plusnet charge that much for early cancellation based on 7 months early anyway but still a decent amount! 

0 Kudos
Johnmcd01
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So yesterday I requested a call back from virgin to sign up.  she called me back from a Mobile number and took my bank details after agreeing a package. said she would call back in 15 minutes and I’m still waiting. I know yous close the lines at 10pm and this was about 9:30. Just feel like I’ve given my details out stupid!

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I am sure everything is fine. Many of our sales team are now working from home hence the reason they call from mobile numbers.

If you would like to private message me your details I am happy to have a look to make sure the order has gone through for you.

many thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos