cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It does not connect

Vaddick84
Joining in

Hi. I moved to another house and I want to connect virgin media. 2 similar cables come out of the socket on the wall which I think were also extension cords, I connected to both in turn, but they don't connect. What can I do?

IMG-20220822-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220822-WA0004.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you transferred your VM contract/account to the new property? Have they said the Hub has already been "activated" onto you account.

Check the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

it's a new contract with Virgine, I'm with them for the first time

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So what Hub model is it (on the sticker) and what are its lights showing and doing when yiu connect it on the cable?

Are you sure the connection is in correctly ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

IMG-20220823-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20220823-WA0013.jpg

 White light flashing

Phone VM and request an engineer install. Those are Sky cables and the existing hole through the wall has just been re-used.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call the the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and get a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Vaddick84, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to Virgin Media and the community I am sorry to see you haven't got the right box to plug to the equipment in to.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look at getting you a tech out.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?