cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Booking Pre-Install Engineer Visit

FencingFanatic
Tuning in

We have started the process of getting VM broadband and phone. I have an install date of 12th August currently which is fine. However as the property has never been connected before we will need connecting from the street. This may involve going across a shared drive and then through the garden before being connected up to the box on the house.

Due to the fact we don't know what route it will take to the house or where it will connect (both externally and internally) we wanted to have a pre-install engineer survey/visit so we can discuss the options and decide whether to go ahead with the install.

The order tracker appeared to show a visit was due whatever day you looked, so we called and was told that it was in fact that day. However nobody turned up. So we called again and after slightly difficult conversation with 2 people they booked an appointment for yesterday (19th July), again no one showed. So today we called and they apologized and said they could see we should have had one yesterday but they ran out of time and would be coming today. Again no one has shown up.

Is there an easier way to book direct, online or direct phone number?  

20 REPLIES 20

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The pre-installation and delivery team are on.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks. I will try that.

I tried ringing the suggested number. It just says some services have been closed and cuts off.

Try 0345 454 1111 at 8am. If they know you'll need a wayleave for a shared drive they might want that first however. 

Just called the 0800 number again, after almost an hour and being moved between 2 teams the call has dropped.

Having spoken to them a number of times and having been told somebody was coming to do the survey we need/arranged multiple times, getting quite frustrated with the whole process.

This has all been complicated by the fact we are going away this saturday for two weeks returning, not long before current installation date of the 12th august. So we need to avoid people just turning up and doing whatever is easiest to get the cable to the property whilst we are away.

Can any of the helpful people on here arrange/sort this out or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi FencingFanatic,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your installation, I understand your frustration with this and I am sorry. 

I am glad to hear the installation date is okay for you, I understand the frustration is coming from lack of accessibility for arranging a pre-installation visit just to explain what needs to be done before you go past the point of no return. 

Is my understanding correct?

Please let me know 🙂

Megan_L

Hi Megan

That is correct. The problems are in trying to get a pre installation visit. We keep being told someone is coming and then they never turn up.

We want to talk to someone before any work is carried out. As we are going away for 2 weeks we are now running out of time.

Thanks

Tracey.

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I've gone ahead and emailed your local Area Field Manager who oversee the installs and service. I've explained the situation, that you're going away this Saturday and that you need an engineer visit just to talk about the construction before you go away. I have also mentioned that you have had previous engineer visits where the engineer did not turn up. 

I'll let you know if they email me back with any further info. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Great, thanks for your help.

Tracey.