cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with installations

Barkey1988
Tuning in

Has anybody had issues with installations currently, we got coaxed over from sky and our sky contract ended on the 10th of May in readiness for our virgin services to start on the 12th May, this has then changed to 26th May, 12th June and now to the 10th of July without any explanation as to "you will just have to wait" by the call centre.

Has anybody else had to wait this long to get up and running and are there any alternatives as i'm currently unable to work from home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cameron121
On our wavelength

Unfortunately I've read many a horror story where customers have been left waiting many weeks or indeed months for installation. 

It's worth noting that the automatic compensation scheme will apply (£5.83 per day) and you should make sure that your account is credited appropriately, see here for more info: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

The delay could be due to resource shortages or the need to carry out external work, such as clearing blocked duct work. 

The forum team on here will get back to you in the next few days, they should be able to give you a clear update as to why the delay has occured. 

Hope you get connected soon. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Cameron121
On our wavelength

Unfortunately I've read many a horror story where customers have been left waiting many weeks or indeed months for installation. 

It's worth noting that the automatic compensation scheme will apply (£5.83 per day) and you should make sure that your account is credited appropriately, see here for more info: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

The delay could be due to resource shortages or the need to carry out external work, such as clearing blocked duct work. 

The forum team on here will get back to you in the next few days, they should be able to give you a clear update as to why the delay has occured. 

Hope you get connected soon. 

Hi Cameron,

Many thanks for the reply. I just want to know what's going on and getting told that "you will just have to wait" when i don't even know what I'm waiting for doesn't seem acceptable. I get that it is what it is in terms of nothing can be done but want to know why I'm having to wait if that makes sense.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Completely agree, it is the unknown that makes these situations so frustrating.

Hopefully one of VM Staff will reach out to you on here in the next day or two and be able to offer you a meaningful update.

If you decide to cut your losses with VM and go with another provider then I would recommend you await the installation of the services. This is so you can cancel the services free of charge within 14 days of installation and still claim the compensation from VM. 

Hope that makes sense and wish you the best of luck with getting your services installed.  

@Cameron121 wrote:

<snip>

Hopefully one of VM Staff will reach out to you on here in the next day or two and be able to offer you a meaningful update.

<snip>

Alas, your hopes, and those of the OP will be cruelly dashed! Indeed a member of the forum team will, no-doubt, respond on here in due course, but will not be able to offer anything other than such gems as 'have you called 'the team' and what did they say'; 'have you called the pre-installation team number'; and the always popular 'we ar sorry about this but it might be down to local authority permissions'?

Unfortunately, the people here will have no more insight inti what is going on, nor have any ability to find out as the call centre staff on the other side of the World. Indeed I doubt that VM's CEO could find out even if he wanted to, and he probably doesn't!

I would suggest that anyone in this position, takes the time to peruse the various threads on here regardihng delayed installations and the usual advice given.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Barkey1988,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your install has been delayed. I appreciate this isn't ideal at all.

Did our team advise why?

Is it due to a construction issue?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yep!  The exact reply as predicted by VMUser1812.

This is entirely normal for new installations by VM. There is no way you can speed this up, or even get an accurate, reliable installation date.

The standard advice for everyone in your position is

1. Don't cancel your existing service until VM have completed the inctallation and you are happy that it's working correctly.

2. Keep copies of all installation dates provided by VM, either in writing or on the phone.  You will be entitled to compensation under OFCOM rules. 

Welcome to Virginmedia 😞

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Bingo!

You know it’s almost as if I know what I am talking about!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Number 13 ... Unlucky for some! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Ayisha,

They said it was due to something needing to be done outside but each time I've spoke to them they've said they're due to be doing it today and the green arrow is still on the ground outside and untouched.

Kind Regards Mark