cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Microsoft Outlook, Teams & Mail

tsperl
Joining in

Hi all

I signed up with Virgin Media in my new home 2 weeks ago. It is working fine except for one glitch on my Mac laptop: Microsoft Outlook and Teams, and my Mail server on my desktop, are only working intermittently, and often do not connect.

I've looked at other queries on this forum, and found several references to the online security tabs sometimes blocking Outlook etc. I have turned 'virus safe' and 'child safe' off, and restarted my connection and computer, but this hasn't worked.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have a feeling it's something fairly simple that needs checking/changing...

Tom

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tsperl,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

To confirm, have you been able to try the same application on different devices?

^Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks for this - no, I only use these applications in this format on one laptop. Are you able to suggest anything I can try to fix this?

Tom

If your laptop has an Ethernet cable, use it and report back.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @tsperl,

I'm very sorry to hear that this hasn't helped. As @Roger_Gooner has also suggested, can you try connecting the impacted device to the router via an Ethernet cable and let us know if you notice any improvement?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!