cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is virgin media having a laugh

Paul1990
Tuning in

Virgin media. Are you having a laugh? I moved house on the 14th. We called you on the 2nd of feb. My new contract suppose to start on the 15th feb. I was supposed to get the hub4. Nothing came. I received a wire (plug it up my.....? Dont think wifi will work like that) . I called and called is on the way they said (after spending about 8 hours of keep being transfered and the line keep getting dropped/hanged up) Friday engineer was supposed to come to bring me the hub and take the old back. No engineer came to visit me(surprise surprise) I called  surprise no engineer was booked for me. Now the chat guy is telling me the next engineer is gonna be with me on the 4th of march. And that he can not order the quick installation kit for me. WHAT THE [removed] IS GOING ON. Why cant you guys just send me a hub and thats it. Why you guys hire all the idiots and incompetents ia that the criteria of hiring? You have to be a moron? 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They're usually pleased to send a self installation kit and avoid having to send a technician.  If they can't do so it's usually because there is no record of a working cable installation.  Is yours apparently OK? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

When you do a home move you use your existing hub (unless you have also subscribed for a product which requires a hub upgrade). You may need to call to get the hub activated on your new account as it should have been deactivated on your moving day.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

They're usually pleased to send a self installation kit and avoid having to send a technician.  If they can't do so it's usually because there is no record of a working cable installation.  Is yours apparently OK? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for replying. While fuming i forgot to mention that when we callled and told them that we move we upgrade to 1gps superfast fiber and thats not working with hub 3.0 and was told that they will send me a new hub 4.0. And every time we call different story we hear. Like is with courier, is out for delivery so sick of them with theyr story

Yes theres a working and i have a box in the house. I can not see the need of a technician. Everything is ok. Even plugged the old hub but saying your services are down due to changing contract /house/cancelling services.. Something like that it sais... At one point a operator told me that instead of 1 gig they ordered me the 100mbps (me being previously on 350mbps) really can not explain myself why or what... 

Oh i forgot to mention. All this bs after being a loyal customer for 8 years 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Paul1990 wrote:

Oh i forgot to mention. All this bs after being a loyal customer for 8 years 

I'm afraid that counts for nothing. You're just another caller on the line to be got rid of because your question isn't on their script.  I think you're just going to have to wait until the technician comes with the new Hub.  Can you use 4G/5G data until then?

- jpeg1

The only think i can do is wait, curse, and use all my mobile data allowance .. But where is so called almighty virgin where we take of our customers (hahaha) ? The oh " we like to give you the best of experience" .. And on top of everything they put the cherry on the cake when they emailed today the bill trying to ask me for money already under new contract on the new adress.... WHAT [removed] BILL YOU WANT VIRGIN? Theyr customer care is 0 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

try this - pointless maybe but worth a try

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

hopefully that will get you to a UK agent - if you get offshore hang up and try again or tell them you want to give 30days notice - that should get you transferred to a UK agent then just start again with what you want

explain it to them - tell them you have your old hub3 there and can they add it back and send a config file that will work with it

if they do you are up and running - confirm the 4 is on its way - when that comes repeat the above and get them to send the 1 gig file

Tony.
Sacked VIP

For now you could install your existing hub3 whilst waiting for the hub4.  VM should be able to activate it over the phone.