cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal

Decky1967
Joining in

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Media about joining us and getting some of our services.

Now we’ve received your order, the first step is to carry out a credit check. Here's how it works.

As you know, when joining Virgin Media, you'll be setting up a credit agreement with us. That means we assess each application using a credit score facility. We do that by looking at information provided by our credit reference agency, Equifax. This can relate to credit agreements you've set up in the past, or agreements that you've set in place at the moment. If you've held accounts before with Virgin Media, Virgin Mobile or ntl:Telewest, we'll look at information relating to those, too.

Right now, we're checking your details, and we'll be in touch again soon to let you know the results, and what to do next. Just so you know, it normally only takes a couple of days.

As we need to look further into the details of your order before we can go ahead with your install, any pre-payment that you have made online will not be processed until your install date has been confirmed. Our team are working on your order and will be in touch!

If you have any questions in the meantime, just give us a call on 0800 052 7588or click here to chat and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

5 REPLIES 5

Decky1967
Joining in

218893C4-A022-4809-A1BB-C4E4427769CF.png

asim18
Fibre optic

Yeah. Even though VM charge people 2 months in advance at the start of the contract, and then take advance payments for the following months service, I believe they take out credit in your name so they can have the whole 18months-worth of cash immediately in their bank accounts asap. Perhaps they can generate more interest this way? I'm not sure of the actual rationale behind this. I thought the maximum early termination fee is £240 anyway so I'm not sure why VM need to utilise credit.

Its not necessary in my personal opinion.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Decky1967 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

May I ask what exactly is your query please? 

I am happy to assist where I can if you can private message me your issues. 

Many thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why are you starting a new thread on a subject already being dealt with

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Threads Merged - Please do not create multiple threads on the same issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks