cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to know what they are doing when getting a planned service upgrade in my area text?

josh94
Superfast

Title essentially explains it all, wondering what they are doing on the 1st of Dec.

Text says they are performing essential upgrades in my area and sorry for any disruption... They already did a batch of upgrades which I presume was turning on Docsis3.1 and upgrading the nodes... I am getting packet loss and there is quite a bit of congestion in my area. Hoping that they are upgrading something backhaul related, anywhere I can find out what they are doing?

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's no online lookup where details of specific works are listed, if that's what you're wanting to know.

I believe these works are often node splits, but I'll defer to those more qualified for a better explanation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Josh,

There is  a planned outage number that may be able to offer more information 0800 052 2137.

They are only open Monday to Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm excluding bank holidays 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @josh94

Thanks for posting!

How's your connection today? Did you manage to find out about any issues?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Too soon to tell, he changed the splitter and surge protector and ran a new temp cable from the front to my hub as he says it needs a 2 man cable pull team which he said he will get booked in for me in about 2 weeks 

will post later with update but have posted levels in my other topic, gone from high 15-16 to 2-9

Connection much better:

Packet loss still happening but this is because of the Hub4, it is dropping and then re-linking the ports every so often, so there is a 2 second downtime. I suspect this is the hub 4 doing some stupid stuff and I will await the hub 5 as replacing a s**t modem for another s**t modem is pointless.

In fairness; the modem itself isn't too bad! - pretty capable!

The router OTOH... Pound-shop bargain basement!

There are a number of people who bit the bullet and got their own routing solutions and haven't looked back!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I wouldn't be getting over 940mbps at my laptop without my own modem 🙂

Eagerly awaiting the Hub 5..........

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @josh94, thanks for your post.

Keep an eye out for more details around the Hub 5, we don't have these yet but as soon as there's a further update you'll find it here!

In the meantime, please let me know if your connection has still improved or if you need any further support.

Cheers

Tom_W

Connection is much much much much better but I need the Hub 5 really 🙂