Menu
flwgreen
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there a fault in nw6?

I've been having the green light on the router for a couple of days already. The status check shows no fault in my area (nw6), can someone confirm it so that I can request an engineer visit? Also, it seems I'm not able to get through support over the phone, the call just drops after the personal pin input, so any suggestion on an alternative way to book a visit would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there a fault in nw6?

Hi it sounds like you are inputting your pin incorrectly, a virgin person will respond on here but it may take 3 or 4 days, then you will have to confirm personal details, phoning is the best option. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
flwgreen
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But if the phone call drops immediately, how am I supposed to talk with someone?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I know it's frustrating, but if you ignore the pin request the phone system should recognise that you are trying to get through, 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, as I said earlier it's dropping because it doesn't recognise the pin you are inputting, also phone 0800 561 0061 that is the virgin service status number.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As well as the “check service” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.
This should also start your "compensation "timer".
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
flwgreen
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the end it did show a fault in the area, but it's a bit annoying that it also showed up yesterday, was marked as resolved and then not fixed. Seems like the perfect way to dodge the automatic compensation mechanism... I just hope they don't keep renewing it every day.

0 Kudos
flwgreen
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Again the issue has been marked as solved but no connection, this is extremely suspicious. Does anybody know how the automatic compensation scheme work and is regulated?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You have to phone !
0 Kudos