cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to transfer Super Hub 3 advanced settings and IP Address to Super Hub 4?

imaqpro
Tuning in

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from 500MB with Super Hub 3 to 1 GB with Super Hub 4 but haven't received it yet.

I currently use device filtering by MAC address to ensure only approved devices are connected to my home network. In total I have about 13 devices. Is there a way to transfer this settings from the old hub to the new one to save me the pain of adding all Mac addressed again and renaming them?

Also, I need to make sure my current I.P address stays the same; to avoid being blocked and having to white-list my network for a number of services I am using at the moment. Is it possible to keep my I.P. address when I switch from Super Hub 3 to Super Hub 4?

Thanks in advance

MAQ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

There is a Backup function in the Hub 3 settings.

A friend of mine tried to use the Backup in a replacement Hub 3 but it wouldn't accept the file.

It may work with the Hub 4 but I have my doubts.

Hub-Backup

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

The Virgin Media IP will change.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

There is a Backup function in the Hub 3 settings.

A friend of mine tried to use the Backup in a replacement Hub 3 but it wouldn't accept the file.

It may work with the Hub 4 but I have my doubts.

Hub-Backup

The Virgin Media IP will change.

Thanks Mike for the tip,

Will try that and will confirm if it works once I receive the new Hub.

Regards

MAQ

Z92
Trouble shooter

By default it's not possible to load a configuration from a hub3 into a hub4. It may be possible in the future however. 

Your external IP address is dynamic and can change at any time. It rarely does however. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Z92 wrote:

By default it's not possible to load a configuration from a hub3 into a hub4. It may be possible in the future however. 

Your external IP address is dynamic and can change at any time. It rarely does however. 

It will change with the new hardware Hub 4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks