cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have Virgin re-installed?

nik_pik
Joining in

Hi all,

Our property is designed to have the virgin installed under the stairs as there is a switch panel next to it, designed to serve other points throughout the house.  However when Virgin came out to do the installation (March 2021), the engineer didn't have the correct panel to fit it there and suggested the living room would be better.

I didn't dispute it at the time but would now like to utilise the other cat6 ports.  The other reason I am considering this is that we are also plagued with connection and performance issues I was wondering it is the proximity of the router to the TV.  There's a limited amount I can do here as the place the engineer installed the router is in the same place as the media plate for the TV.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
INdeed - costs £25 as a no-fault call out!

VM staff on here should be able to arrange it!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
INdeed - costs £25 as a no-fault call out!

VM staff on here should be able to arrange it!

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "the engineer didn't have the correct panel to fit it there and suggested the living room would be better" as installation doesn't require a panel, just an internal termination box (and a powered cable if it's fibre). You can get the box moved for £25.

As for your performance issues: these are something else to resolve, and if you can describe them here you should be able to get help.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

That's great news! Do I need to reach out to someone?

They should just pick it up on here! 🙂

I think it will have been the internal termination box, I wasn't sure how to describe it.

With regards to the issues I'm experiencing, I've got an open support call with Virgin.  They have said they need to monitor it for another 24 hours and will then call me back.  For info though, the latest issue we're experiencing is no ethernet ports on the router working.  We did have 1 working until I spoke to Virgin earlier! 

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and update, nik_pik,  our records show that you have since been in tough with our phone care teams to have this sorted. Let us know if you need any further help.

cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

No I don't have a date booked in as yet.  An engineer came out today and replaced the hub but not to move it.  You're assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicola

Thanks for coming back to us, Nicola. 

No worries at all, let me PM you now to get some details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill