cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ireland] IPv6 in modem mode

BriaenLaerson
Tuning in

I just got off the phone with Virgin Media about using IPv6 with modem mode. The support agent was not able to tell me if I could use IPv6 with modem mode but that I could try reseting the modem, have them enable IPv6 then try. Before I try that I wanted to see if anyone on here has every managed to get IPv6 to work with modem mode? For the record I have a TP-Link router and I am using the latest Arris made Superhub 4.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll probably have to take it up with VM Ireland directly https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By default all VM IE customers get IPv6, so as long as the ASUS is capable of requesting IPv6, it should work.  Just try it and see, you have nothing to loose and a reset will set the Hub back to factory settings if needed.

Most gamers however usually "downgrade" to IPv4 only as the IPv6 implementation in VM IE is done via CGNAT and causes gaming problems.

This is the VM UK forum, so of limited help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Adduxi wrote: myccpay.com

By default all VM IE customers get IPv6, so as long as the ASUS is capable of requesting IPv6, it should work.  Just try it and see, you have nothing to loose and a reset will set the Hub back to factory settings if needed.

Most gamers however usually "downgrade" to IPv4 only as the IPv6 implementation in VM IE is done via CGNAT and causes gaming problems.

This is the VM UK forum, so of limited help.

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks! 

Hi, a couple months ago my household changed ISPs from BT to Virgin media. However the hub supplied by Virgin, the Super Hub 3 has been nothing but awful. I've looked around online and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing awful latency and ping spikes even when people are doing the simplest things on the Internet. I was hoping for some guidance on what Router would be best suited to replace the suppliers one? Turning the hub 3 into modem mode and hooking a gaming purpose one in as a router? My household currently has 2-3 gamers on at a time 2 pcs and a console. With phones commonly connected to the Internetz WiFi to if that helps. Our package is the M-100 which is believe is 100 mps download speed 10 mps upload With the current prime day deals on I was thinking nows a good time. Thanks in advance!

@BriaenLaerson wrote:  www.myccpay.com

Hi, a couple months ago my household changed ISPs from BT to Virgin media. However the hub supplied by Virgin, the Super Hub 3 has been nothing but awful. I've looked around online and apparently I'm not the only one experiencing awful latency and ping spikes even when people are doing the simplest things on the Internet. I was hoping for some guidance on what Router would be best suited to replace the suppliers one? Turning the hub 3 into modem mode and hooking a gaming purpose one in as a router? My household currently has 2-3 gamers on at a time 2 pcs and a console. With phones commonly connected to the Internetz WiFi to if that helps. Our package is the M-100 which is believe is 100 mps download speed 10 mps upload With the current prime day deals on I was thinking nows a good time. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for sharing. All the answer are welcome..