Menu
Bumblebee76
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Invalid password when trying to register

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 11.10.51.pngHello,

When I try to sign up with my account details I get stuck on the password. I've tried lots of combinations but it just says 'invalid password' or the 'continue' button at the bottom is inactive.

Please help as I need to manage my settings!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid password when trying to register

Hello

Just to check there is a limitation on what the passwords can be on VM you can only have a maximum of 10 characters and it can only contain letters uppercase and lowercase, and the numbers 0 to 9 and the password must start with a letter.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bumblebee76,

Thanks for your post and welcome 🙂

I'm sorry you've been struggling to get your online account set up and getting stuck on the password. 

As our community have said, have you followed the clear instructions for the password?

Have you tried using an alternative device/browser?

Let us know and we can help further if needed.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
brucetownsend
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem when I tried to change my password in order to strengthen it. I haven't "followed the clear instructions" because there aren't any - see below. I scrolled down the whole page.

Given that an email address can provide access to reset the passwords of many accounts that are registered with it, a restriction of 10 characters, letters and numbers only, is really too limited to provide the level of security that I would expect. I may have to change provider ☹️

virgin-password.png

0 Kudos