Menu
Highlighted
BarryMChapman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet lost not reliable

I have had Virgin Broadband for a long time and its always been ok. In December 2018 I switched completely to Virgin from Sky. Ever since then I have been plagued by losing my internet connection. To get it back I have to reboot the router but then it mostly only lasts a few hours. I use all sorts of connections - direct ethernet - ethernet through my mains and WiFi from the router and from the mains connections. The only one that stays connected for any period of time is the router WiFi. I have had this setup for years without a problem but since the new router was installed for the 350 it has been a problem. I have a lot of stuff in the house that will not work - Hive - Alexa - harmony etc. I really have no idea how to fix this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet lost not reliable

Would need to check the signal levels if could go to http://192.168.0.1 or if using modem mode http://192.168.100.1 clicking router status top right or bottom of page depending on hub [no need to login - depending on hub] and if could copy/paste the downstream, upstream, network log, don't worry about the formatting we can easily read it.. try and avoid using screen shots..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
BarryMChapman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm sorry but the option you refer to does not appear. It is a hub 3.0 don't know whether that makes any difference. I have clicked on everything to see if I can find it but it's not there.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Go into the Hub3 and click on the button at the bottom of the first page displayed. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos