cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping out

gazzaman28
Tuning in

Hi all, I've been having issues for the last few weeks with my internet dropping off maybe 7 or 8 times during my working day for maybe a minute or 2 at a time. I work from home using a VOIP phone system so this is mega annoying! I've rebooted the router several times but it doesn't seem to make any real difference.

I've just today started looking at the logs on the router & the down/upstream channels (not enough space in the message body so I'll post some of it in a reply message.) Can anyone see any obvious issues going on here and how should I go about getting them resolved?

23/10/2021 10:22:40criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 17:20:33Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 17:20:33criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 17:19:03Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 17:19:03criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 17:18:35Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 17:18:35criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 15:58:48Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 15:58:48criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:15:38Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:15:38criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:15:11Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:15:11criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:14:58Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:14:58criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:14:50Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:14:50criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2021 14:00:17Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Thanks in advance for your help.

29 REPLIES 29

Screenshot_20211105-091053~2.png

I've scrubbed out the IP now, really wanted to show just how bad it was on Thu 04/11...

Thanks for coming back to us gazzaman28

The update from the tech is that there's a note being sent to the networks team for an issue with the cabinet and also at the pit.

I've therefore reached out to the field manager for your area to ask them for any updates/timescales.

I'll be in touch when I know further information.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for your reply John.

Hi @john_gs I don't like to chase when you've already said you'd get back to me when you know any more, but it's been a long & arduous working week with dozens of dropouts each day so I need to know that VM are taking this issue seriously. Please can you advise on an update for this one for me. Thanks.

Entire street has now stopped working for broadband and TV 😞

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gazzaman28 wrote:

Entire street has now stopped working for broadband and TV 😞

Hi again Gary,

Sorry to see your connection issues are continuing.

Hopefully with the fact that the rest of the street now have no broadband or TV shows that VM have more engineers out working on the either the cabinet or pit.

There may be some indication of the work showing in My Virgin Media at the top of the page, however it will be an estimated fix time.

It's likely that if nothing is showing there then it will under  the  Service Status number  on 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Fingers crossed that this solves your issues and also your neighbours too.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I walked down to the next street and saw a guy working in the cabinet, turns out this is scheduled work related to the original issue.

So everything is now back on & is being monitored over the weekend. But as I politely said to him (as I appreciate it's not his fault), it would've been nice to have been told beforehand!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Gary,

Thanks for the update.

Keeping my eyes and legs crossed that all your issues are resolved.

If not come back to this thread so Forum Staff can pick it up again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

3 dropouts have happened in the last 20 minutes. Zero improvement, if anything it's worse.

How can I get VM to supply me with a 5G router whilst this is being worked on? It's hugely disruptive to my working day.

Hi gazzaman28,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear this is still ongoing, we are sorry for any inconvenience this s is causing, I can see the SNR issue is still showing and the estimated fix is now showing as 16/11/21 @ 5:10, I am afraid there isn't anything we can offer in the mean time.

Regards

Paul.