Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping out - help please

Internet just keeps dying for minutes. I’m restarting my router far too often (super hub 2) but restarting makes no odds.  Frustrating to have to call support and gen no help but just told to restart the **bleep**in hub again.

been like this for months

speeds and ping are generally excellent.

not a wifi issue.  Happening on wired clients too

please help

Boom Shanka

neil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet keeps dropping out - help please

Could be a network issue or the SH2 dying.

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers. If no faults on that phone number then we can look deeper at the Hub stats.

If you want to replace the SH2, You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.
If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers John.  But that went as well as I expected.  I’m back here for more support.

please support may I have a new hub?  Do you do a hub / router without Wi-Fi? I’ll have one of those if you do 😃👍🏼

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All the Hubs can be used as modem only" - in fact my SH2 is in modem mode (from day 1) and I have all my own routing and wireless equipment.

I would recommend you do the same - but you did say the wired connections were problematic - hence its not just a wifi issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers John.  In modem mode here too 👍🏼 Don’t see the point in the excess Wi-Fi / router electronics if I’m using my own here 😃👍🏼

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Agreed - but the VM marketing team in their wisdom decided an all in one "budget" device is what the market really needed !!

Fortunately for us - they still allow "modem mode"

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos